Senior GoLang Developer
Designation: Senior GoLang Developer
About the GoLang Developer role:
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining the GoLang microservice structure alongside our existing inhouse team.
You will also be responsible for improving performance, increasing the test coverage and documenting our codebase.
To ensure success as a Senior GoLang Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of GoLang, a microservices-based environment, excellent coding skills and follow software development best practices. You will be expected to learn the industry, business and code base very quickly, and often step outside of your comfort area to rapidly develop both our product and your skillset.
GoLang Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the product and development teams to discuss ideas and plan the work.
- Reviewing project requirements and technical designs.
- Writing application code primarily using GoLang.
- Develop and support existing microservices and integrations with various internal and external systems and routers.
- Writing tests covering the major functionality of the application.
- Troubleshooting software and debugging application code.
- Developing and implementing back-end architecture to introduce best practices concepts.
- Monitoring and improving back-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and describing functional parts of the applications.
- Ensuring best practice is followed to maintain and enhance the security of our codebase.
- Supporting the wider technology team on key issues and overall product development.
GoLang Developer Requirements:
- Ability to hold a detailed technical conversation in English.
- Excellent provable Golang programming skills.
- Track record of developing and maintaining microservices, focussing on scalability, resilience, and security.
- Have experience building GoLang microservices in one of AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Knowledge of AWS services (ideally In-depth knowledge and experience of using AWS, as this is the provider we use).
- Working understanding of IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project and task management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited oversight.
While not essential for the role – we will consider great Developers without these skills – it would be a bonus to have a direct experience of the below:
- AWS Developer Certification
- An understanding of the Serverless approach (AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda)
- Exposure to AI technology