Senior Network & Security Engineer
Designation: Senior Network & Security Engineer
Reports To: GDC Manager
We are looking to hire an experienced senior network and security engineer to manage and maintain our company’s enterprise network. As a senior network engineer, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring junior network engineering staff and handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network, the delegation of tasks, and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success as a senior network engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, high-level Team Lead skills, and advanced project management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network.
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- Managing and mentoring junior Network Engineering staff.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
- Must have extensive knowledge of migrations.
- Conducting regular network performance tests.
- Delegating networking maintenance tasks to junior staff.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues.
- Drawing up network status reports.
- Ability to work independently.
Senior Network Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology.
- Previous work experience as a networking engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco, ACI, JUNOS, Palo Alto, Aruba & FortiGate, Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), Cisco ISE.
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- Cisco SDWAN, Velocloud Viptela experience is huge plus.
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- Familiarity with access control models and network security.
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills with/without network analysis tool.
- Proficiency in coding languages including Python and Perl.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- High-level problem-solving and communication skills.
Email your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org or